Sunday, February 2, 2014

The 13th Annual Southwest Florida Open
January 25th and 26th 2014 held in Port Charlotte, Florida.
I want to thank Disc Golf Center for their tour event sponsorship. 
Please visit Disc Golf Center for any of your disc golf needs. 
This company is so easy to work with. You can pick your own weight and color...PLUS free shipping. 

This is a very tough course if you don't have a thumber shot. 
I started off this tournament on a very tough front nine with complete frustration due to my lacking of the infamous THUMBER shot. Getting to the back nine for me I was able to use the shots that I prefer to use. 
1st round I came in with a 51
  2nd  round I came in with a 51
3rd round I came in with a 49
4th round I came in with a 4

Let's get back to that Thumber shot thing...Dylan Dunne has one of the sickest THUMBER shots I have ever seen playing this game. Absolutely crazy to see this guy throw this shot. "Dylan" I might have to pay for a few lessons to learn this shot from you. Great finish too!

Jeff Vandermark, you played extremely well during this tournament and I enjoyed watching your rounds. You calmness was very inspiring to me. Great shooting to you sir.

Baxter Frost, can you miss a putt? You have such a smooth game and it was a pleasure to have played in your group. 

Nick Long, thank you for your very positive attitude during the round. I really enjoyed watching your game as well. You have a very smooth throw. We really enjoyed your company and the way you were always smiling.

Taylor Smith, what a great first round score you carded. AWESOME job to you!

Ken Hollenbach, you also carded a nice under par score that first round...AWESOME job to you too.

Jesse Amador and his crew...wow, what a nice tournament you all ran and the food was delicious. I really appreciate the hard work you did running this event. I will miss this tournament very much as I will miss all the other Florida events that I won't be able to attend this year.

Anyone that is wanting to escape the cold weather and enjoy a very well run event, please give this event a try next year. You will enjoy it very much BUT make sure you get out there early and practice this tough course.  North Charlotte Regional Park 

See ya on a course somewhere:
-JohnE McCray




No comments:

Post a Comment